Inmet believes in the importance of a strong board and sound corporate governance policies and practices to direct and manage the affairs of our company.
Good corporate governance is essential to attracting and retaining the trust of our shareholders, our employees and the communities we work in. We also believe it enhances our performance.
We continually strive for transparency in all of our actions and for disclosure that’s clear and complete. We review best practices and keep a pulse on new developments in corporate governance with a view to adopting them when we think they make good business sense for Inmet.
- Our management proxy circular and annual information form are in written plain language to provide greater clarity of understanding
- Our long-term incentive program for Inmet's executive team links a substantial part of their compensation to corporate performance
- Inmet's board uses feedback tools to assess the overall effectiveness of the board, its committees and the chairman as well as to provide feedback on individual directors
- The corporate governance and nominating committee use a set of criteria and procedures to assess potential nominees as directors
- The board has adopted a statement of corporate governance guidelines to serve as a framework within which it may conduct business
- The board has introduced an annual non-binding shareholder advisory vote on executive compensation
- The board is committed to constructive and meaningful communication with shareholders and has memorialized its engagement and "say on pay" practices in a shareholder engagement and "say on pay" policy